Tuesday, September 25, 2007

As of 7:20am

I am twenty-ten years old.

Please don't believe that I think 30 is old. It's just that for the last decade whenever I've had to say my age it started with twenty. I felt the same way at 19 and on my birthday I had to transition from saying ten-teen to twenty. By the end of today I'll be easily and proudly saying, "I'm thirty years old!"

I remember thinking last year that I wasn't quite ready to be 30. After all, 30 year olds have their lives figured out. They have careers and kids and houses and....wait a minute! I do have all those things! Plus I have family and friends who love me, the best husband in the world, and a good, good God who showers blessings on my head every day. What a great life!

5 comments:

  1. Happy Happy Birthday!!! Yes, be proud to be 30...after all, everyone gets there at some point...including myself in a few years! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yae! I'm the first to leave a comment! I was thinking about you today and giggling to myself about 20-10! happy birthday! I got to really get going if I'm supposed to have a career, kids and a house by the time I turn 20-10! ha!
    Hope you get to do something fun and special!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! If it makes you feel better, 30 is the new 20 :).
    Regardless . . . lets learn to age gracefully eh? See ya when we get back
    c

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! We definitely need to get our families connected now that you guys have joined the dark side (aka moved to portland).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! I too, just turned thirty. It was the first time that when someone asked me, " do you feel older?" I said, "Yes, actually I do!"

    ReplyDelete

Linharts love comments!