Sunday, April 10, 2005

Refreshed...

I just got back from our church's Women's Retreat. The theme was Refresh and was held at the beautiful Enzian Inn in Leavenworth. Pretty perfect considering how busy and stressed I've been feeling lately. Just so you know, I did manage to get the laundry done, go grocery shopping, and spend some quality time with my son before I left for the retreat. One of the great things about the retreat was that we had a 7 hour block of free time that could be used however we wanted. I went down to the river and sat by myself for awhile just reflecting, praying, and basking in the beauty around me. Then I started singing and to my delight, a couple friends who were nearby, sang with me. I deeply appreciated the simple beauty and communion with friends in worship. After that, I wandered around the shops of Leavenworth for a bit, and then took a much needed nap. It was wonderful!

During the retreat I acted in an ongoing skit that was performed before each "speaker session" and I am pretty pleased to tell you that the skit got rave reviews. I haven't acted since my freshman year at MBC and it was really fun to get back into that. Part of me feels guilty for loving all that praise and attention, but mostly I'm pleased that I was able to use my gifts to honor God and entertain/teach his people.

All in all, I had a very refreshing weekend with my friends. My duties as graphic designer for the Steering Committee are slowing down. My family gave me a great welcome home. My apartment is clean and so are my clothes. I feel good...like my spiritual tummy is satisfied. It's nice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Linharts love comments!