You can read her answer HERE.
Becky asked me: What is your favorite household chore?
My favorite household chore is vacuuming. Here's why:
- It's usually pretty fast.
- The lines in the carpet of a freshly vacuumed room are very satisfying.
- The evidence of dirt seems to completely disappear
- The hose attachment can clean edges and corners and other tight spaces, cobwebs from the ceiling, furniture, and my computer keyboard. It makes me feel like I've done a complete house cleaning in one go. It can also get spiders from a nice distance.
- My children pretend to be afraid of the vacuum cleaner so it's always a fun game when they put themselves right in my path and then run away screaming and giggling.
- The noise drowns out other daily noise and it's a nice mental break.
- Vacuuming up a sweep pile is easier and faster and leaves way less residue than a dust pan and broom. In fact, I've been I've been totally sucked in (pun most definitely intended) by this stationary vacuum that I saw at a hair salon. It's been out of stock for months but now I see that it's available! It's on my list of things to save up for.
I love the vacuum cleaner we have now. It's a Hoover Windtunnel and it was a gift from a friend who knew we were having a hard time and knew that a vacuum cleaner was a need. I was shocked when she left a voice-mail telling me to check the back porch. There was the vacuum cleaner, all assembled sitting next to its box. It is one of the nicest gifts I've ever been given and often reminds me to see how I can meet the needs of my friends. It's also the nicest vacuum cleaner we've ever owned and I would recommend it to anyone.
What about you? What's your favorite household chore? I'd love to read about it in the comments. And don't forget to stop over at Becky's blog and tell us about your biggest pre-teen accomplishment!